Conference Visa is granted to attend Conference, Seminar or Workshop in India. It is usually granted for three month validity.
Guidelines and FAQs issued by the Government of India about the Conference Visa are available at http://mha.nic.in/pdfs/FAQs-on-ConferenceVisa.pdf.
1. Duly completed, printed and signed on-line visa application form.
2. Two recent colour passport size (about 35 mm x 35 mm) photographs in colour showing full frontal face against a white background to be pasted on the application form.
3. Current valid passport with minimum of 180 days validity and must have minimum 2 blank pages.
4. A letter of invitation from the organizers of the Conference institutes. Approval, if any, obtained by the organizers from the Government of India for holding the Conference.
5. The fee (Canadian passport holders) charged for Conference Visa is C$ 123 + C$ 2/-. In addition, service charge of C$ 7.40 (inclusive of taxes) is payable to BLS International Services Canada Inc. Please consult them about the total cost and the exact procedure for remitting the fee.
7 business days after receipt of the application at the Consulate.