Re-issue of Passport
Re-issue of Passport is required when the old passport has completed its validity from the date of issue or where a new booklet is necessitated on account of change in basic particulars like name, appearance, etc., or when all the pages have been used.
Applicant shall fill online passport application on https://passport.gov.in/nri/. This will generate the Web File Number and PDF file.
- The print-out of the saved PDF file of online passport application is to be submitted to the nearest center of BLS International, the outsourcing agency.
- Please ensure that two specimen signatures are appended (using ball point pen with black ink) in the space provided.
- Existing passport along with photocopies of first five pages, the last page and the page(s) having endorsements/observations.
- Three identical recent photographs – Colour – against a light background showing full frontal view of the face (size 2 inch x 2 inch ). More details on photo specifications may please be seen under the ‘General Guidelines’.
- Original PR Card with a self-attested/signed photocopy (both sides). In case the PR Card has expired, a copy of the fee receipt for its renewal should be furnished.
- For change in appearance, an affidavit attested by the Notary Public has to be submitted along with the application.
- If the passport has expired for more than six months, an explanation, as to why the passport has not been renewed, should accompany the application.
- If the passport has remained expired for more than one year, the applicant should submit a search letter from the Canadian authorities certifying that he/she has not acquired Canadian citizenship.
- If the passport has remained expired for more than three years, the case is taken as a fresh issue of passport. This involves fresh verification from India. A search letter from the Canadian authorities, certifying that the applicant has not acquired Canadian citizenship, should be furnished. Four copies of the Personal Particular Forms (PP Form), duly completed with four copies of the identical recent photographs should be submitted.
- The Consulate shall inform the applicant in case any additional document is required. The Consulate may call the applicant for interview also.
- For Lost/damaged passports, please see requirements listed separately