New Passport is required when the old passport has completed its validity from the date of issue or where a new booklet is necessitated on account of change in basic particulars like name, appearance, etc., or when all the pages have been used.
1. Applicant shall file online passport application on https://passport.gov.in/nri/ This will generate the Web File Number and PDF file.
2. The print out of the saved PDF file of online passport application duly signed by the applicant along with two recent passport size photographs to be submitted at BLS center. Please visit the BLS website at http://blsindia-canada.com for more information.
3. Existing passport along with photocopies of first five pages, the last page and the page(s) having endorsements/observations.
4. Four identical recent photographs – Colour – against a light background showing full frontal view of the face (size 35mm x 35mm).
5. Original PR Card with a photocopy (both sides) or notarized copies of both sides of PR Card may be sent. In case the PR Card has expired, a copy of the fee receipt for its renewal should be furnished.
6. For change in appearance, a statement attested by the Notary Public has to be submitted along with the application.
7. If the passport has expired for more than six months, an explanation, as to why the passport has not been renewed, should accompany the application.
8. If the passport has remained expired for more than one year, the applicant should submit a search letter from the Canadian authorities certifying that he/she has not acquired Canadian citizenship.
9. If the passport had remained expired for more than three years, the case is taken as a fresh issue of passport. This involves fresh verification from India. A search letter from the Canadian authorities, certifying that the applicant has not acquired Canadian citizenship, should be furnished. Four copies of the Personal Particular Forms (PP Form), duly completed with four copies of the identical recent photographs should be submitted.
10. The Consulate shall inform the applicant in case any additional document is required. The Consulate may call the applicant for interview also.
11. For Lost/damaged passports, please see requirements listed separately