Miscellaneous Passport Services

Change of name / Change of Surname after marriage /Delete name of spouse after divorce

Endorsement for changes in the passport is no more permitted. For inclusion/deletion of spouse’s name, change of date/place of birth, name, address, etc., or any other changes on laminated portion of the passport, re-issue of passport booklet is required. Therefore, fee would be same as applicable for re-issue of passport.


  • Applicant shall fill online passport application on https://passport.gov.in/nri/external2.pdf. This will generate the Web File Number and PDF file.
  • The print-out of the saved PDF file of online passport application is to be submitted to the nearest center of BLS International, the outsourcing agency.
  • Existing passport along with photocopies of first five pages, the last page and the page(s) having endorsements/observations.
  • Three identical recent colour photographs (size 2 inch x 2 inch ). More details on photo specifications may please be seen under the ‘General Guidelines’.
  • Original marriage certificate (if issued from India) attested by the Consular Division of the Ministry of External Affairs, Patiala House, New Delhi, with a photocopy.
  • Divorce papers, where applicable, along with a photocopy. If the Divorce Certificate is issued from India, the same should be attested by the Consular Section of the Ministry of External Affairs, Patiala House Annexe, New Delhi.
  • For change in name – Two original advertisements regarding change in name in two daily newspapers one in Canada and the other in India – circulated in area of your permanent address in India and present address in Canada.
  • Sworn Notarized Affidavit by the applicant mentioning about change in name.
  • Husband's passport with a photocopy.
  • Original landing record / immigration paper with a photocopy.
  • The Consulate shall inform the applicant in case any additional document is required.
  • Fee as applicable.