Miscellaneous Passport Services
Change of name / Change of Surname after marriage /Delete name of spouse after divorce
Endorsement for changes in the passport is no more permitted. For inclusion/deletion of spouse’s name, change of date/place of birth, name, address, etc., or any other changes on laminated portion of the passport, re-issue of passport booklet is required. Therefore, fee would be same as applicable for re-issue of passport.
Applicant shall fill online passport application on https://passport.gov.in/nri/external2.pdf. This will generate the Web File Number and PDF file.
- The print-out of the saved PDF file of online passport application is to be submitted to the nearest center of BLS International, the outsourcing agency.
- Existing passport along with photocopies of first five pages, the last page and the page(s) having endorsements/observations.
- Three identical recent colour photographs (size 2 inch x 2 inch ). More details on photo specifications may please be seen under the ‘General Guidelines’.
- Original marriage certificate (if issued from India) attested by the Consular Division of the Ministry of External Affairs, Patiala House, New Delhi, with a photocopy.
- Divorce papers, where applicable, along with a photocopy. If the Divorce Certificate is issued from India, the same should be attested by the Consular Section of the Ministry of External Affairs, Patiala House Annexe, New Delhi.
- For change in name – Two original advertisements regarding change in name in two daily newspapers one in Canada and the other in India – circulated in area of your permanent address in India and present address in Canada.
- Sworn Notarized Affidavit by the applicant mentioning about change in name.
- Husband's passport with a photocopy.
- Original landing record / immigration paper with a photocopy.
- The Consulate shall inform the applicant in case any additional document is required.