Passport Services – Lost / Damaged Passports
Application for issuance of duplicate passport in lieu of Lost or Damaged should be submitted at the Consulate.
Applicant shall fill online passport application on https://passport.gov.in/nri/. This will generate the Web File Number and PDF file.
- The print-out of the saved PDF file of online passport application, duly signed, with required documents is to be submitted to the Consulate.
- Personal Particulars Proforma (Five copies) (available at the Consulate) with five recent identical colour photographs (size 2 inch x 2 inch ). More details on photo specifications may please be seen under the ‘General Guidelines’.
- Four recent identical photographs – colour – against a light background showing full frontal view of the face (size 2 inch x 2 inch).
- The damaged passport should be submitted along with the application.
- Photocopy of the lost passport, if available.
- A copy of the Police Report, indicating passport number/date, etc., in case of loss of passport. However, police report is not required if a passport is damaged, but is physically available.
- A letter on a plain paper, addressed to the Consulate, explaining circumstances of the loss of passport, is required to be submitted.
- An affidavit in the prescribed proforma must be submitted along with the application for replacement passport in all cases of loss of passport, including total damage.
- A copy of the Canadian Visa (PR Card/Work or Study Permit, etc.), duly notarized.
- Please ensure that two specimen signatures are appended (using ball point pen with black ink) in the space provided.
- It should be noted that the lost passports will be cancelled in the system and if such a passport is retrieved later, the passport holder should submit it to the Consulate for cancellation and return, and correction of endorsement on replacement passport if already issued, which could be done through a miscellaneous service application.
- In case the application is for issuance of a passport for a child, both parents should sign the application (as consent for issuance of a passport for the child) and copies of their identification proof, e.g. passport, visa, etc., should be attached.
- For change in appearance, a statement attested by the Notary Public has to be submitted along with the application
- If the passport has expired for more than six months, an explanation, as to why the passport has not been renewed, should accompany the application.
- If the passport has remained expired for more than one year, the applicant should submit a search letter from the Canadian authorities certifying that he/she has not acquired Canadian citizenship.
- If the passport has remained expired for more than three years, the case is taken as a fresh issue of passport. This involves fresh verification from India. A search letter from the Canadian authorities, certifying that the applicant has not acquired Canadian citizenship, should be furnished. Four copies of the Personal Particular Forms (PP Form), duly completed with four copies of the identical recent photographs should be submitted.
- The Consulate shall inform the applicant in case any additional document is required.
- The Consulate may call the applicant for interview also.