Passport Services – General Information
Please note that the acceptance of applications for this service has been outsourced to BLS International Services Canada Inc. Applicants are required to contact them directly for depositing the duly completed application forms. All queries pertaining to procedures, etc., may also be directed to them. Their office addresses, timings, and phone numbers can be found by clicking here. In addition to the fee mentioned on this page, an applicant will be required to pay processing fee to BLS International separately. Please consult them about the total cost and the exact procedure for remitting the fee.
For details, please visit the website of BLS International Services Canada Inc. – www.blsindia-canada.com.
General Guidelines :-
- No passport services are admissible to the claimants of refugee status.
- Passport should not be sent out of country by post as the same constitutes violation of provisions contained in the Government of India Passport Act, 1967, read with Schedule V (3) of the Passport Rules, 1980. The provision is also printed in the passport booklet.
- It is an offence to hold more than one valid passport at a time.
- It is an offence under the Passport Act, 1967, to knowingly furnish false information or suppress material information.
- Your Indian passport is a valuable document. It should always be either in your own custody or in the custody of a person duly authorized by you. If lost or destroyed, the fact and circumstances should be immediately reported to the nearest Mission and to the local police.
- We suggest that a photocopy of your Indian passport be kept in a safe place, separate from the passport. The photocopy should include the pages showing the personal particulars, validity of the passport, date/place of issue, also the stamp of departure from India, entry in Canada and the visa issued by the Canadian authorities.
- Wherever required, please append signatures on the application form using ball point pen with black ink.
- Fee, once paid, is not refundable.
- Fee structure is subject to change without notice.
- Application for reissue of a passport can be submitted up to one year before expiry of passport.
- All citizens are requested to apply for reissue of passport well before the date of expiry of passport.
- The normal processing time of passport is 4 weeks. Passport issued from Passport Issuing Authorities other than Vancouver could take much longer.
- Immediately after receiving the passport, please check if all entries are correct. If there is any clerical error/oversight, send the passport back along with a note describing the error within 30 days of receipt of passport. The error will be corrected without any fee. If the error is, however, because of incorrect entries made by the applicant in the application form, fresh fee will need to be paid.
- On acquiring Canadian/foreign nationality, the Indian passport should be submitted to the nearest Mission/Post for cancellation. Failure to do so will involve payment of penalty at a later stage. Use of Indian passport for travel to India, after acquiring any foreign nationality, is an offence and attracts penalty.